March 24th, 2023 We're upgrading to UNREAL ENGINE 5
We're upgrading Satisfactory to Unreal Engine 5 coming in Update 8. Y'all have been warned!
2:38 Back up your save files
4:14 Features in Unreal Engine 5
6:07 What features will we use?
8:27 World Partition System
15:25 Vehicle physics overhaul
19:56 Enhanced Input System
20:51 Audio Improvements
21:24 Do we get performance increase from upgrading?
25:14 Hardware Requirements
27:02 Is DX11 still supported?
29:24 Build limit
32:11 Mods will break
34:05 Dedicated Servers
35:18 UE5 version 5.1.1
35:29 Why upgrade?
⬇ File path to config files ⬇
Video of how to set these launch options:
Text information on how to set launch options: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Command_line_arguments
for Vulkan: -vulkan
for DirectX 11: -dx11
for DirectX 12: -dx12
⬇ Links and Info ⬇
Website + FAQ ‣ https://satisfactorygame.com
Community Wiki ‣ https://satisfactory.fandom.com/wiki/Satisfactory_Wiki
⬇ Where to buy Satisfactory ⬇
Steam ‣ https://store.steampowered.com/app/526870/Satisfactory/
Epic ‣ https://www.epicgames.com/store/p/satisfactory
Humble Store ‣ https://www.humblebundle.com/store/satisfactory
⬇ Merch Stores ⬇
Heroic Replicas ‣ https://lizarddoggo.com/
⬇ Report bugs and make suggestions ⬇
⬇ Social Media ⬇
Twitter ‣ https://twitter.com/SatisfactoryAF
Facebook ‣ https://facebook.com/SatisfactoryGame
Instagram ‣ https://instagram.com/coffee_stain_studios
Discord ‣ https://discord.gg/satisfactory
Reddit ‣ http://reddit.com/r/satisfactorygame
Twitch ‣ https://twitch.tv/coffeestainstudiosdevs
⬇ Community Managers ⬇
Jace ‣ https://twitter.com/jembawls
Snutt ‣ https://twitter.com/BustaSnutt
Ilayda ‣ https://twitter.com/ilaydert
#Satisfactory is an FPS open-world factory building sim by #CoffeeStain Studios. You play as an engineer on an alien planet as part of the ‘Save The Day’ program - a program whose goal is to construct a massive machine for a mysterious purpose. Conquer nature, build multi-story factories, and automate to satisfaction! #Update8
We're upgrading to UNREAL ENGINE 5
Revealing the Engine Upgrade
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:10 Setting Expectations
- 00:02:36 Back Up Your Save Files
- 00:03:18 Expect a summary at the end
- 00:03:42 Breaking down the agenda for the video
Lumen, Nanite, and Virtual Shadow Maps
- 00:04:14 Intro
- 00:04:37 Lumen
- 00:05:07 Nanite
- 00:05:50 Virtual Shadow Maps
- 00:06:07 Q&A: Do you have Lumen, Nanite, and Virtual Shadow Maps in Update 8?
World Partition System
- 00:08:23 Intro
- 00:08:30 Q&A: Will you be using the World Partition System in Update 8?
- 00:08:47 Map Tiles vs. World Partition System
TSR & FXAA
- 00:13:43 TSR (Temporal Super Resolution)
- 00:14:51 FXAA (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing)
- 00:15:23 Intro
- 00:16:15 Autopilot
- 00:16:52 Vehicles on Foundations
Vehicles have been tuned
- 00:17:42 Intro
- 00:17:54 Trucks
- 00:18:04 Explorer
- 00:18:14 Tractor
- 00:18:18 Factory Cart
- 00:18:36 Handbrake
- 00:18:49 Air Control removed
- 00:19:18 New Sounds
- 00:19:49 No change to Trains
- 00:19:53 Enhanced Input System
- 00:20:51 Audio Improvements
Implications of the Engine Update
- 00:21:09 Intro
- 00:21:22 Q&A: Are there going to be performance increases?
- 00:23:47 Q&A: Is the game going to be more stable on Unreal Engine 5?
- 00:25:09 Q&A: Will Unreal Engine 5 affect Hardware Requirements?
- 00:27:01 Q&A: Is DirectX 11 still supported?
- 00:29:22 Q&A: What about the Build Limit?
- 00:32:11 Q&A: Will Mods still work at Update 8 Experimental launch?
- 00:34:03 Q&A: Will Unreal Engine 5 break Dedicated Servers?
- 00:35:20 Q&A: What version of Unreal Engine 5 are you using?
- 00:35:29 Q&A: Why did you decide to make the change to Unreal Engine 5?
- 00:36:09 Q&A: How long did it take to switch to Unreal Engine 5?
- 00:36:27 Q&A: Do you think switching to Unreal Engine 5 was worth it?
- 00:37:45 Unreal Engine 5 TL;DR
- 00:39:53 Outro
- 00:40:33 End Tag