Hang out with Tobias and Jace as they discuss how drones work, how they were made, as well as showing off some old Work-In-Progress shots from early development.
⬇ Social Media ⬇
Twitter ‣ https://twitter.com/SatisfactoryAF
Facebook ‣ https://facebook.com/SatisfactoryGame
Instagram ‣ https://instagram.com/coffee_stain_studios
Discord ‣ https://discord.gg/satisfactory
Reddit ‣ http://reddit.com/r/satisfactorygame
Twitch ‣ https://twitch.tv/coffeestainstudiosdevs
⬇ Community Managers ⬇
Jace ‣ https://twitter.com/jembawls
Snutt ‣ https://twitter.com/BustaSnutt
#Satisfactory is an FPS open-world factory building sim by #CoffeeStain Studios. You play as an engineer on an alien planet as part of the ‘Save The Day’ program - a program whose goal is to construct a massive machine for a mysterious purpose. Conquer nature, build multi-story factories, and automate to satisfaction!
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:00:24 Q&A: What are Drones, what do they do?
- 00:00:51 Q&A: Can we pilot Drones?
- 00:01:04 Q&A: What was the basic development progression of Drones like?
- 00:01:51 Tobias & Jace Talk: Drone World Grid
- 00:02:38 Q&A: How do Drones deal with things that might be above them?
- 00:03:07 Q&A: Does the Drone World Grid take into account players' Buildings?
- 00:03:45 Tobias Talk: Battery consumption of Drones
- 00:04:30 Jace Math: Drones are more efficient the further they travel
- 00:04:51 Q&A: What if your Drone path changes?
- 00:05:17 Q&A: When are the Batteries used by Drones?
- 00:05:57 Q&A: Are there bugs with Drone's Battery consumption?
- 00:06:23 Q&A: What are some of the biggest challenges you had when working on the Drones?
- 00:07:34 Q&A: Will people be able to ride on the Drones?
- 00:08:23 Q&A: What future plans are there for Drones?
- 00:08:56 Tobias & Jace Talk: Drone WIP Footage - First implementation of Drones
- 00:09:22 Tobias & Jace Talk: Drone WIP Footage - First implementation of the Drone World Grid
- 00:10:19 Tobias & Jace Talk: Drone WIP Footage - Drones using their World Grid to pathfind
- 00:10:44 Q&A: Drones fly through the center of their World Grid, they don't fly diagonally?
- 00:11:28 Tobias Talk: Drone WIP Footage - First implementation of docking & take-off animation
- 00:12:23 Q&A: What's the timer for?
- 00:12:46 Tobias & Jace Talk: Drone WIP Footage - Drone World Grid height updates
- 00:13:09 Outro