June 29th, 2021 Livestream
Q&A: How can I play with a friend, Epic/Steam?
This question may have been asked previously at least 3 other times, as recently as November 2020 and as early as March 2020.
- November 3rd, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Can I play on Epic with someone on Steam? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekvCEX_mv8
- June 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Is Crossplay available? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5331unvbQ
- March 24th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: How will we crossplay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kVvrassZVw
This question has 4 related videos, and a related topic
- June 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Is there somewhere I can read how Crossplay will work? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfm0vKovpLc
- May 19th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Will there be a lag difference between crossplay Multiplayer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgQjKxY0oGQ
- May 19th, 2020 Livestream Snutt & Gafgar Talk: How Epic / Steam crossplay works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6DY2kEQ8E
- May 19th, 2020 Livestream Snutt & Gafgar Talk: What we had to do in order to support Multiplayer on Steam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzQZ1akwzzM
uh um how can i play with a friend epic slash theme so if you want to play cross play i think i can never remember when you started the game up you could link your steam and epic if you were on steam or something like that yes and if you do that i can't remember which direction this works but you may it may make it easier for you to just invite friends because they'll appear in your uh friends list if they're on epic when you're on steam or something i can't remember which one that is right yeah okay we're going yeah do you want me to dive do the deep dive so essentially the way it works is i was just going to say the use session ids yes that's the way that works everywhere you can use session ids essentially on epic like you can't see the steam friends list unless you like give that access to epic so to speak or like give that permission so that's what that linking does essentially so that you can see steam but you can always use the session id regardless of what option you pick yeah so so if you want to use the session id if you're hosting the game in the pause menu there's manage sessions and if you follow the menus there there's you can copy your session id to build a clipboard you send that to your friend and from the main menu they hit join game and at the bottom of the screen there's joined via session id you click that and then you put in the session id and then it works so uh yeah don't you and so like if you if you weren't don't remember what what option you chose in the beginning to link or not link your epping and sim it doesn't matter if you do or you don't yeah you can still play cross play between the two platforms using session ids the only real difference is that when you're in the game you get your friend listed in the friends list but you can always use the session id no matter what