April 20th, 2021 Livestream
Q&A: Any changes to the colouring system?
This question may have been asked previously at least 2 other times, as recently as March 2021 and as early as March 2021.
This question has 7 related videos
- September 7th, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Are there any plans in changing how the Color Gun works? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l11BNMENCP8
- June 22nd, 2021 Livestream Q&A: How much does Torsten take colours into account since they can be changed by players? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAJRBqkvp8
- April 20th, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Can you make the hologram outline a little thicker? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eW8XU9Dgc
- March 30th, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Will the Color Gun be fixed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc-zgbseTCc
- March 23rd, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Will the Trains ever be paintable? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2-j0MZepbI
- November 27th, 2020 Video Jace Talk: Per-instance Custom Data https://youtube.com/embed/0kmDHBWf640?autoplay=1&start=364&end=552
- November 27th, 2020 Video Q&A: Does this mean we will lose the color palette / preset functionality? https://youtube.com/embed/0kmDHBWf640?autoplay=1&start=551&end=585
Suggested Wiki Reference Code
<ref name="yt-3b7amkQ5Cv0">[https://youtu.be/3b7amkQ5Cv0 YouTube - April 20th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Any changes to the colouring system?]</ref>
any changes of the coloring system yes there's going to be some changes in the color system I don't know exactly what those changes are going to be that's something that is, most likely going to change or one thing that I am I think is going to change maybe it will check my answer is like declining more and more, I think there's some issues with the coloring system that we've been putting off, such as not being to like paint vehicles and stuff like that so I think there's gonna be somewhat of an overhaul of the coloring system and the fact that we're like using srgb, or not wait are we using linear rgb in the game or not I can't remember whatever the the color values in game aren't linear I think or they are linear wait which one is the common one hsl yeah yeah but that's not the thing I'm talking about right now because you can even if you if you if you're like in a, if you're like on the internet you're like look up a color and you see like oh that's a nice color and you try to match it, in the game it will still not be correct and that's because the in-game color picker is is using srgb which isn't a linear color space but most applications use color like linear color space even if you have the same hex it will not like match, that's just because we picked one of them so we're probably gonna change that as well because I think a lot of people are confused by that, I think a lot of people don't even realize it, and yeah we do we do use hl hsl in the color picker but that's not what I'm talking about right now, but that's something we probably will also change at some point this is like ui that probably is is like in the backlog of things, we just haven't been prioritized well enough so we'll probably happen in alignment with the coloring system