February 22nd, 2022 Livestream
Q&A: Is there a Roadmap posted anywhere?
This question may have been asked previously at least 3 other times, as recently as December 2021 and as early as December 2020.
- December 7th, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Do you have a roadmap? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zliKUqsPvEc
- November 9th, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Do you have a roadmap, internally? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3CozyZWjE4
- December 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: I would be interested to see your in-house roadmap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0LY0PxkSJM
This question has 3 related videos, and a related topic
- March 22nd, 2022 Livestream Q&A: How long is the Roadmap to full release? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPcySE_Bma0
- January 18th, 2022 Livestream Q&A: Put out a roadmap that's just "troll community, release update, troll community"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOLvvuiPGyQ
- April 20th, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Is there a roadmap publicly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZLhUSArwhM
Suggested Wiki Reference Code
<ref name="yt-1KCTKGZQ2Zg">[https://youtu.be/1KCTKGZQ2Zg YouTube - February 22nd, 2022 Livestream - Q&A: Is there a Roadmap posted anywhere?]</ref>
is there a road map posted anywhere not necessarily with release dates or targeting things, but more larger if you have game features and content no there isn't because, ultimately they're unreliable and if we can't put a reliable roadmap up there's no point in having a roadmap and when I say like unreliable like even features that you know if you asked us what features we were going to add this year last year that's already changed so it's like there's no point in us especially with features like we definitely wouldn't have want to put a road map up last year saying features x y and z are going to be added only for us now with more information as time has gone on we come to realize that we don't want to add those and then remove them from the road map and then feel pressure to have actually added those things because we said that we would add them so roadmap is really really not a good idea for us it doesn't really work for us the way that we work at all I understand that it can be useful for a community to have a vague idea of what's going to be happening but if we can't give you that accurately there's no point in giving it to you yes I feel for sure and you know when it comes to things that like make sense for you guys to know in advance such as like oh if you're gonna add a signalling system to trains then you know that like you're gonna need to like rework that in the future like that kind of information we try to like put out as much as soon as we can once we feel confident that we can put it out, but, yeah maybe not a roadmap but a page that have a lot of brainstorm ideas okay so like we like we have something like that and the thing is first of all one there's the qa site which is almost that which is insanely big all right and ultimately like cool there's there's ideas there but it doesn't tell you anything about what we're gonna do we also have one internally that we use which is almost as big as the qa site which again we could we could put that in front of you but that's not gonna tell you anything about what we're gonna do that's just a bunch of ideas so it's it's not actually it's not actually useful yeah