May 16th, 2023 Livestream
Q&A: Was there any specific limitation of Unreal Engine 4 that was the main motivator for updating?
This question may have been asked previously at least 1 other time, as recently as March 2023.
This question has 3 related videos
- May 16th, 2023 Livestream Q&A: Has the decision to move to Unreal Engine 5 hindered or slowed down your progress to 1.0? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7KxQFp86Sc
- April 11th, 2023 Livestream Q&A: Is the World Update & Unreal Engine 5 the only thing on Update 8? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXHPXd_Edk
- March 24th, 2023 Video Q&A: How long did it take to switch to Unreal Engine 5? https://youtube.com/embed/dY__x2dq7Sk?autoplay=1&start=2169&end=2188
Suggested Wiki Reference Code
<ref name="yt-1AvNyKCe2M4">[https://youtu.be/1AvNyKCe2M4 YouTube - May 16th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Was there any specific limitation of Unreal Engine 4 that was the main motivator for updating?]</ref>
- Satisfactory Updates > Pending > Satisfactory Update 8
- Technology > Unreal Engine
- Technology > Unreal Engine > Unreal Engine 5
was there any specific limitation on relentin 4 that was the main motivator for updating or was it just, cumulative features that cops and saw that they wanted, a little bit of both actually so there are there were a few like issues with the engine that either we would need to fix ourselves or we would need to update to the engine because there are fixes for those issues in in the in the, in Unreal Engine five, there are a couple of rendering issues that I that I'm aware of that were like we always knew that epic were trying to work on them and pick them and then if we wanted those fixes we would need to update eventually we could have tried to like we've done this sometimes too where we try to grab like specific parts of like a later engine version and like, you know merge it into our projects, we've done that with the replication system for instance that was like part of a way later version of aerial engine and we couldn't update for a long time so I grabbed just that segment and like merged it into which was a pain in the ass, but it worked, we could have done that but we I think we sort of piled things off at top of each other and just decided like it makes more sense for us to to upgrade, but also like future proofing you know and future updates or coming to the engine should be easier to integrate, should so so yeah there's a lot of a lot of different reasons as to why we decided to update
, and here we are here we are